Child Care and Development Program
Intake Support Specialist
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
TITLE: Child Care and Development Program Intake Support Specialist
SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday
LOCATION: Longview, WA
OPENING DATE: October 22, 2018
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
HOURS: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
SALARY RANGE: $15.50 - $17.00 hourly DOE
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Position Summary: The Child Care and Development Program (CCDP) Administrative Intake Support Specialist performs a variety of administrative support work to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the CCDP program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and understands the annual CCDP plan and its requirements and other provisions.
- Develops working relationships with families and child care providers to understand the child care needs in the programs service area.
- Performs intake of new families and providers and creates electronic provider and client files using identifying numbers.
- Calculates parent co-pays and provider rates, updating them every year with the CCDP Administrator, creates and sends parent and provider acceptance letters.
- Creates, maintains and retrieves spreadsheets and/or databases necessary to prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports.
- Reviews and responds to correspondence, phone calls from parents and providers and to inquiries for invoices and other accounting-related information
- Creates monthly CCDP Newsletter in partnership with the Recruiter/Compliance Monitor.
- Updates master calendar as needed.Creates and updates CCDP documents as requested.
- Performs culturally relatable stories and crafts in classrooms of day care facilities as requested.
- Works as a team with CCDP staff to prepare patterns and sewing duties to create regalia with enrolled tribal families for Pow-wow performances, drum-making and dancing.
- Orders, tracks, and inventories promotional items for CCDP sponsored events.
CCDP Administrative Assistant Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent organization skills and dedication to completing daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to express yourself clearly and effectively through emails, written and verbal communication.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain vehicle liability insurance.
- Must maintain highest level of confidentiality.
- Attendance and punctuality required.
- Must have High School diploma or GED.
- Willingness to connect, share, and learn from each other.
- Must submit and pass initial and random drug/alcohol screenings.
- Must submit and pass fingerprinting and criminal background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632