Title: Medical Assistant
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: October 16, 2018
Salary Range: $16.00 to $18.00
DOE Closing Date: October 30, 2018 or until filled
Position Summary: This is a full-time position, non-supervisory position for Cowlitz Tribal Health clinic. The position is stationed at the Longview site. This position works closely with and support of a full-time nurse care manager and medical team providing medically assisted treatment (MAT).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
• Gathers patient’s medical history, vital signs and records information into patients' electronic health record for review by medical provider.
• Cleans and prepares examination/treatment rooms for patient’s appointment.• Provides patients with drape coverings and positions instruments/equipment according to infection control standard policies and provider requests.
• Assist in handing instruments and materials to provider as directed. • Cleans and sterilizes instruments according to infection control standard policies.
• Assists with inventory control in the clinic.
• Orders medical supplies and materials. Completes purchase orders for ordered clinic supplies.
• Independently operates electrocardiograph (EKG), and other diagnostic equipment for in-house routine test or therapeutic equipment as ordered by licensed Physician or Family Nurse Practitioner.
• Administers oral, respiratory, and injection medication or treatments per scope of practice under the supervision of a licensed Physician or Family Nurse Practitioner.
• Collects specimens through phlebotomy, urine for analysis on-site and sent to independent laboratory.
• Observes and report patients’ signs or symptoms to medical provider or nurse.
• Administers medications per orders of medical provider.• Keeps billing records, enters financial transactions through computerized electronic health records.
• Processes and tracks referrals and follow ups for additional appointments.
• Prior authorizations for imaging
• Other duties as delegated by the medical staff and clinic manager.
Education and/or Experience
Associates Degree, Licensed Practical Nurse or certificate in Medical Assisting
1 year of experience working in an ambulatory clinic, preferably Tribal or IHS facility
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must possess a certificate as Medical Assistant.
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and written.
Must be able to maneuver physically though hallways.
Must be able to stoop and bend over to assist patients and take vitals.
Must be able to see with corrective lenses to 20/20.
Must be able to hear at normal ranges for medical diagnostics.
Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632