Tuesday, March 24th | Tribal Member COVID-19 Statement
William Iyall, Chairman and COO
To Members of the
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Tuesday, March 24th, 2020
Stay Home, Stay Safe Directive for Cowlitz Tribal Members.
How does the COVID-19 pandemic impact you as a Cowlitz Indian Tribe (CIT) member?
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe has chosen to follow the guidance of Governor Inslee and encourage tribal members and employees to stay home as much as possible, at least from today, March 24th until April 7th. We share your concerns regarding this Covid19 pandemic and want to ensure that we are keeping everyone as safe and protected as possible.
Guidelines for Social Distancing:
- All tribal members are encouraged to maintain social distancing of at least six feet from anyone outside their household.
- All tribal-sponsored gatherings are canceled until further notice (unless specifically authorized by the chairman). No tribal assets (buildings, vehicles, property or financing) will be used to support gatherings.
- All in-person committee and board meetings are cancelled until further notice (unless specifically authorized by the chairman). Committee and board officers will be responsible for determining if a meeting needs to be conducted remotely to address time-sensitve issues.
- Any necessary meetings should use video conferencing systems whenever possible. If it is necessary to meet in-person, social distancing will still need to be followed, limiting the number of people gathered in a room at one time to no more than 10.
Impact to Services:
- In-person services will be limited. CIT will be providing assistance by phone whenever possible.
- Many employees will be working remotely, and may not be available to tribal members or other clients on a walk-in basis. Please contact departments and/or employees to schedule an appointment rather that stopping by the office.
- If you do not have an immediate need, we request that you allow staff to focus on those with the highest needs during this difficult time.
- Some services may be impacted by closures or have revised hours, please contact departments directly if you have specific questions.
- CIT facilities continue to follow heightened sanitation procedures to keep everyone as safe and protected as possible.