COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE: DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Client Services Specialist
Department: Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible variability
Location: Vancouver, WA
Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Open date: February 6, 2019
Salary Range: $15 to $20 hourly, DOQ
Closing date: February 20, 2019 or until filled
Position Summary: Assists clients with gaining timely access to benefits and services. Provides support to providers and clients in the form of care coordination and case management. Provides back up to reception as needed.
Working under the supervision of the Program Manager, and in collaboration with a team of mental health professionals, the person filling this position will provide support to both clinicians and clients in the form of benefit assistance, intake support, case management, and care coordination.
- Maintain and practice confidentiality.
- Assist with coordinating patient care with internal and external providers and agencies.
- Determine eligibility for mental health services.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed for billing and charting purposes.
- Assist clients with completing patient registration forms and other paperwork when necessary.
- Provide support as a Tribal Assister to ensure clients have access to benefits they qualify for.
- Explain coverage options and the availability of financial assistance to lower the cost of insurance premiums.
- Provide clients with an orientation to program services.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and provide solution-focused ideas for problem-solving.
- Data entry of patient registration, mini-registration, and annual update.
- Assist clients with identifying and accessing community resources including Title VII enrollment.
- Engage in client outreach as requested by mental health providers and defined by program procedures.
- Participate in community events for program outreach.
- Provide administrative program support as needed.
- Provide back up support to the reception position and complete duties as assigned to that position.
- Complete lab orders and coordinate with outside labs as needed. Maintain lab including equipment, supplies, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Services, Social Work, or related field required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two years of care coordination, case management, and patient care experience in a mental health setting required.
- Accurately type 35 words per minute.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with RPMS preferred.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, highly motivated, energetic, and be a self-starter.
- Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to the agency Code of Ethics.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632