COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
TRIBAL GAMING AGENT
Position: Tribal Gaming Agent
Schedule: Shifts Vary
Location: ilani, Ridgefield, WA
Opening Date: January 28, 2019
Closing Date: Open until filled
Starting Salary: DOQ
Position Summary: The Cowlitz Tribal Gaming Commission (CTGC) Tribal Gaming Agent is responsible for providing regulatory oversite and ensuring compliance with Tribal, State, and Federal regulatory requirements at the Tribe’s ilani Resort.
Essential Functions: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide outstanding customer service to all other employees of casino operations, surveillance staff, Commission staff, and third-party vendors
• Function as a diplomat representing the Gaming Commission with Federal, State, and local jurisdictions respecting the “government to government” relationship between the State and Federal authorities
• Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Tribal/State Compact, National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC), Cowlitz Tribal Gaming Commission Regulations, Policies and Procedures, Minimum Internal Control Standards (MICS), and Tribal Internal Control Standards (TICS)
• Coordinates investigative efforts with other tribal gaming agencies, local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. Such activities may involve oral and/or written presentations utilizing Word, Excel, Access, and/or PowerPoint
• Completes checklists on gaming related items and specialized gaming activities
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, holidays as needed
• Collects, examines, maintains, and properly accounts for physical evidence of illegal activity to assist in Commission hearings, trials, etc. in a timely manner
• Observe shipping, receiving, installation, relocation, removal, storage of gaming devices for security and compliance• Observe all gaming equipment and supplies for integrity and compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Monitor all areas of the Gaming Operation for regulatory compliance
• Observe and report illegal activities, violations of gaming regulatory procedures for all revenue generation areas and other areas throughout the casino and surrounding property
• Know, or have the ability to learn all table games and have a basic understanding of the Tribal Lottery System (TLS) in order to document, track, and report cheats and scams
• High degree of personal and professional integrity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in basic PC skills, i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook
• Maintain strict confidentiality in all casino matters• Maintain strong customer relations
• Possess the ability to perform well, apply mature judgement and “common sense” in decision making while under pressure• Be able to handle intense multi-tasking in a high stress environment
• Must attend State, Federal, Tribal, Casino and Department mandatory trainings and pass any applicable testing
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Degree in criminal justice or related field preferred
• Tribal Gaming experience preferred
• Law enforcement experience preferred
• Knowledge of accounting practices preferred
• Must submit to and pass a criminal history background including credit check
• Must be eligible to obtain a valid gaming license• Must take and pass any random drug test• Must possess, or qualify to obtain a current Washington driver’s license
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace. Potential candidates must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
For Inquiries – Please call Summer Petty at (360) 887-6811.
To Apply – Please send cover letter and resume to:
Cowlitz Indian TribeHuman Resources Department
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632
or fax (360) 578-1641