TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – PROGRAMMER/WEB DEVELOPER
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Technical Specialist - Programmer/Web Developer
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: Jan 2, 2019
Classification: Full Time
Hours: Normally 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary Range: $55K to $70K Annually DOQ
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing day to day IT support for various tribal IT systems. Requires a broad range of technical IT skills with major emphasis on ability to create custom programs, maintain existing software code and develop web interfaces and SharePoint sites for both internet and intranet.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Install, maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair software and programs.
- Need strong skills and demonstrate ability to install, maintain, upgrade and support PC OS’s and related desktop software.
- Provide software support to users of the internet and intranet web sites and portals.
- Provide the support, maintenance, and security of all web sites and portals.
- Maintain highest levels of security and compliance to protect all tribal sites with current security standards.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve end-user IT problems related to web sites and web portals.
- Create, update, edit, review and maintain content on websites, portals and other media related areas.
- Identify leading edge technical solutions with web applications for social media to increase online presence.
- Architect, code, test, deploy and conduct employee training on new website and SharePoint site layouts and functions.
- Develop databases, web-forms, and/or other applications
- Integrate databases as needed for web and social media and deliver data as required
- Assist other IT personnel as necessary troubleshooting hardware, software and networking.
- Identify potential areas for new technology application, system improvements and upgrades.
- Assist as necessary with IT vendors and contractors to support and maintain existing tribal IT assets or to implement new ones in the tribal offices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In depth knowledge of computers, OS’s and peripheral hardware
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, AD and Domains.
- Good understanding of networking including Ethernet and Fiber, TCP/IP, NICs, switches, routers, AP’s, FW Appliances, etc.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Cross-functional team collaboration capabilities
- Project management and organization skill set
- Content Management Systems Development Experience (Joomla, WordPress or other platform)
- Adobe CS (specifically Photoshop, In Design and Dreamweaver)
- Web services experience required in IIS, Apache and FTP
- Database coding for SQL and MySQL
- The ability to understand, document and complete IT requests from tribal management and staff.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good customer service skills.
- The ability to document all work performed so that other IT professionals would be able to understand and maintain product.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions, able to multi-task and to handle multiple priorities
- The ability to meet deadlines and diligently follow standards and best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
AA, BA or BS in IT or related field.
- At least 3-5 years experience providing hardware, software and web support in equivalent environment.
- Demonstrated high level technical knowledge of Windows 7 Professional and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience using and integrating MS Office 365 applications.
- Experience with enterprise systems and Microsoft Domain networking, including some knowledge of at least 1 low level language or Windows scripting.
- At least 2 years experience in computer programming and web development in a similar environment
- Demonstrated experience within a Windows Server environment using Server 2008 and higher.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines, programs and departments with varying degrees of technical expertise.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
- Must submit to and pass drug screening
- Must submit to and pass back ground check for this position and is required to be screened through the Washington State criminal record check (WATCH) that covers the last 10 years and a FBI National criminal records check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472, which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this position please contact:
Human Resources Dept
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
PO Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632