CLINIC TECHNICAL SPECIALIST – Tukwila, WA
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Clinic Technical Specialist
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening Date: Jan 19, 2018
Classification: Full Time
Hours: Normally 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary Range: $60K to $75K Annually DOQ
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing day to day IT support to end users of various tribal IT systems including the Electronic Health Records Systems and the components and configuration of IT hardware and software and other electronic devices for the staff and users in the Tukwila Clinic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Install, maintain, analyze, troubleshoot and repair computers, printers and peripheral equipment
- Install, maintain, upgrade and support PC OS’s and related desktop software including the RPMS/EHR medical records systems.
- Provide software support to users of the RPMS/EHR medical records in the Tukwila office
- Provide the support, maintenance, and security of networks and applicable devices including copiers, telephones, smart TV’s and cell phones on an as-needed basis.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve end-user IT problems.
- Maintain and track inventory of IT hardware and software, including tracking the condition and status of all IT assets and assist in planning for obsolescence, replacements and upgrades.
- Identify potential areas for new technology application, system improvements and upgrades.
- Assist as necessary with IT vendors and contractors to support and maintain existing tribal IT assets or to implement new ones in the Tukwila office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In depth knowledge of desktop and laptop computers and peripheral hardware
- Proficiency in installing, configuring and using desktop OS’s such as Windows 7 or 10 and applications such as Microsoft Office 365 and other common applications.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, AD and Domains.
- Good understanding of networking including Ethernet and Fiber, TCP/IP, NICs, switches, routers, AP’s, FW Appliances, etc.
- The ability to understand and document IT requests from tribal management and staff.
- Knowledge and experience documenting clinic operations and practices
- Knowledge and experience with at least one clinic EMR software package
- Understanding and application of HIPAA laws and policies
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good customer service skills.
- The ability to document all work performed so that other IT professionals would be able to understand the work done.
- Must be able to handle multiple interruptions, able to multi-task and to handle multiple priorities
- The ability to meet deadlines and diligently follow standards and best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA, BA or BS in IT or related field.
- At least 3-5 years experience providing hardware, software and user support in a clinical environment.
- Knowledge and at least 1 year experience supporting major EHR/EMR software and associated systems – I.H.S. RPMS/EHR preferred
- Demonstrated high level technical knowledge of Windows 7 Professional and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Experience with enterprise systems and Microsoft Domain networking, including some knowledge of at least 1 low level language or Windows scripting.
- Demonstrated experience within a Windows Server environment using Server 2008 and higher.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines, programs and departments with varying degrees of technical expertise.
Other Job Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid Washington State driver’s license appropriate for the type of vehicle to be operated.
- Must submit to and pass drug screening
- Must submit to and pass back ground check for this position and is required to be screened through the Washington State criminal record check (WATCH) that covers the last 10 years and a FBI National criminal records check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472, which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
To apply for this position please contact:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe Cowlitz Indian Tribal Health
PO Box 2547 15455-65th Ave South
Longview, WA 98632 Tukwila, WA 98188