CLINICAL APPLICATIONS ANALYST
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Clinical Applications Analyst
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: November 6, 2017
Classification: Full time
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
Salary Range: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 per year
Closing Date: Open until filled.
Position Summary: As part of the Information Systems and Technology department, this position serves as a systems analyst to the implementation and ongoing support of multi-service clinical software applications used for electronic health records. The Clinic Applications Analyst supports the clinicians/medical staff and the electronic health record system. The duties involve serving as the coordinator for deploying changes to the electronic health record systems in clinic locations, works with the clinical departments staff to customize work flow changes to the software and maintains associated documentation. This individual will support the daily operations of the electronic health records system.
- Implementation, maintenance and user support of multi-service clinical software packages that allow for the capture of clinical encounter information and its subsequent retrieval.
- Provides support to all Health service areas on current software applications, new features and insures user functionality.
- Designs, organizes and assists users in the creation of custom templates for ad hoc reporting utilities. Acts as a resource in the best practices to view, review, extract the clinical data.
- Works with various HHS departments and programs and their staff to evaluate, refine and improve existing clinical software modules and programs.
- Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with all levels of the service unit personnel.
- Analyzes and evaluates processes related to information flow.
- Coordinates with other Information Systems staff and other clinical application support personnel to implement integrated system packages, resolve data conflicts and provide support on related software modules.
- Conducts end user training as needed.
- Generates and maintains user and system documentation specific to the clinical medical records applications and associated systems.
- Technical competency involving implementing and supporting Electronic Health Record systems.
- Competency in evaluation, planning, implementation and support of complex software systems
- Problem Solving
- Template Creation
- IHS RPMS/EHR desired
- Vista Imaging desired
- Excellent communication skills
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Degree: major study in an academic field related to the health sciences, allied health sciences, allied sciences or Information systems field appropriate to the work of the position.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in a clinical or health care setting performing systems analyst duties for implementation, ongoing support and training for multi-service clinical software applications. Must have a minimum of 3 years prior experience using a major system such as those from IHS, Cerner, Epic, NextGen, etc. in the healthcare industry (IHS/HER/RPMS desired)
- Ability to work with other clinic application support and information systems personnel in supporting clinical applications and end users.
- Working knowledge and technical proficiency in Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Server and domain networking environment. Must have the ability to perform and troubleshoot clinic software opertaion and installations.
- Excellent training skills and the ability to explain complex systems information and technical concepts to non-technical personnel.
Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Longview, WA 98632