Chemical Dependency Professional
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Chemical Dependency Professional
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Time: Must be available for evenings; 40 hrs. per week
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening Date: October 10, 2017
Salary Range: $20.00 $24.00 (CDP) per hour DOE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: Primary function is to provide Chemical Dependency Services in an Intensive Out-Patient setting providing services to American Indian/Alaska Native clients and the general public.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct Patient contact
- Chemical Dependency Assessments-Target-Gain SS
- Intensive Outpatient Services: Groups, Individual Service Planning, Case Management
- Ability to work with youth and adults
- Must be able to efficiently utilize electronic health records
- Must be able to document patient encounters and all necessary reporting requirements for patients.
- Minimal travel requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective written and oral communication
- Work collaboratively on a treatment team
- Organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks and meet timelines
- Cultural competence
- Current DOH Licensure for Chemical Dependency
- Current CPR Card
- Experience with Co-occurring disorder treatment - Desired
- Seeking Safety training – Desired
- Applicants will be required to pass a drug test and federal background check prior to employment
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Professional in Washington State
- The ability to work a flexible schedule
- No history of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of three years before employment as a CDP; no evidence of alcohol or drug misuse while employed.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or non-membership in an employee organization.
To apply for this position please contact:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe Cowlitz Indian Tribal Health
PO Box 2547 15455-65th Ave South
Longview, WA 98632 Tukwila, WA 98188