COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Case Manager
Department: Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible variability
Location: Tukwila, WA
Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Open date: May 24, 2017
Salary Range: $15 to $20 hourly, DOQ
Closing date: Open until filled
Position Summary: Assists clients with gaining timely access to benefits, services and housing resources. Provides support to providers and clients in the form of care coordination and case management.
Working under the supervision of the Program Manager, and in collaboration with a team of mental health professionals, the person filling this position will provide support to both clinicians and clients in the form of benefit assistance, eligibility, housing case management, and care coordination.
- Maintain and practice confidentiality.
- Assist with coordinating patient care with internal and external providers and agencies.
- Determine eligibility for mental health services.
- Assist clients with completing patient registration forms and other paperwork when necessary.
- Explain coverage options and the availability of financial assistance to lower the cost of insurance premiums.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and provide solution-focused ideas to assist referrals in accessing mental health services, and current clients in maintaining eligibility for mental health services.
- Assist clients with identifying and accessing community resources including housing.
- Practice active efforts when supporting client families in accessing needed resources
- Engage in client outreach as requested by mental health providers and defined by program procedures.
- Provide coordination with Cowlitz Tribal Medical Clinic or outside facilities for ordered labs.
- Complete lab orders and coordinate with outside labs as needed. Administer Urine Analysis as directed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Services, Social Work, or related field preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two years of care coordination, case management, and patient care experience in a mental health setting preferred.
- Accurately type 35 words per minute.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with RPMS preferred.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, highly motivated, energetic, and be a self-starter.
- Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to the agency Code of Ethics.
- Must possess an active certification as a Medical Assistant or be willing to obtain training necessary to be identified as a Medical Assistant.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
Vision & Mission - All employees are also expected to follow and adhere to the Cowlitz Indian Tribe’s Vision Statement, mission statements and use the Health and Human Services Values in all that they do. Values: Ethics, Integrity, Leadership, Family, Spirituality, Compassion
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department Or Elizabeth Rideau
Cowlitz Indian Tribe Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
P.O. Box 2547 15455 65th Ave. S.
Longview, WA 98632 Tukwila, WA 98188
Email Elizabeth Rideau
Select for PDF