COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Psychiatric ARNP
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: December 21, 2011
Classification: Full Time
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
Salary Range: $45.00
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Summary: Perform advanced therapeutic interventions with patients. Participate as part of a team in developing assessment, treatment plan, and treatment. Perform discharge planning, case management, and treatment planning for the client and family.
- Develops and coordinates a clinical treatment program for the diagnosis, treatment or referral of patients presenting moderate to severe social or mental behavior problems.
- Provides a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment plan coordinating with other medical staff.
- Administers programs of treatment, interviews and observes patients, and evaluates case histories. Monitors patient’s compliance with medication plan.
- Interprets intelligence, achievement, interest, personality, and other psychological tests to diagnose disorders.
- Conducts individual or group therapy sessions in accordance with accepted principles of the American Psychological Association.
- Treats disorders utilizing various psychological techniques and selects therapy.
- Assesses patient progress and modifies treatment program accordingly.
- Coordinates care of patients with referring physician or agencies.
- Documents therapy according to established procedures.
- Intervenes as a crisis counselor in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment.
- Communicates with family to further the effectiveness of treatment program within HIPAA guidelines.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Basic Life Support /CPR education within 60 days of hire date.
- Crisis Prevention and Intervention Certification within 60 days of hire date.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Behavioral Health experience.
- Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and background check.
Select to Download PDF
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the
Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national
origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department Cowlitz Indian Tribe