Store Clerk | Ridgefield, WA
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Store Clerk
Schedule: Flexible days/hours
Location: Cowlitz Indian Tribe Reservation (Ridgefield, WA)
Classification: Minimum 32 hours plus benefits
Opening Date: February 22, 2019
Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
Closing Date: March 8, 2019
The Cowlitz Indian Tribal Tobacco Store is looking for a part time clerk who enjoys working with the public and has a friendly, outgoing personality.
We seek individuals who can be flexible with work hours. The ideal candidate/s is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and displays
a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
- Maintain a positive work environment
- Accurately and efficiently conduct sales for the store according to established policies and procedures
- Collect payment, dispense change, and provide customers with purchase receipts.
- Maintain the security of all funds in register at all times, including making timely cash drops to maintain the cash drawer below the maximum level of funds
- Communicate clearly and openly with customers
- Verify age of customers if they are purchasing tobacco products
- Listen to customer complaints and questions and refer them to the lead cashier when required
- Ensure store remains clean and efficiently run
- Maintain an appropriate level of stock and merchandise at all times in the register work area
- Assist with additional duties as needed, including, but not limited to, stocking and cleaning
- Other duties may be assigned
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment and if hired random drug test
- Must have 1 plus years experience as a cashier
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to make accurate change
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to sustain long periods of repetitious movement.
- Willingness to accept part-time work; work on weekends, holidays, and evenings
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632
Fax Number: (360) 578-1641