Custodian | Multiple | Tukwilla, WA
CUSTODIAN (2 positions)
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening Date: February 19, 2019
Classification: Full-time (2 shifts one 7 am to 4 pm and one 11 am to 8 pm)
Salary Range: $19.00 plus benefits
Closing Date: March 1, 2019 or until filled
Position Summary: Cowlitz Indian Tribe Health Department is recruiting for two (2) custodians to clean the facilities to industry standards.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, clean windows, dust, vacuums hallways, stairs and offices spaces
- Empties tenants’ trash and garbage containers
- Maintains buildings, performing minor and routine painting and other maintenance activities
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting of clinic, lab, exam and treatment rooms to medical standards
- May maintain grounds and parking lot around facility
- May perform gardening and landscaping activities as directed
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, and etc.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies. Use as directed
- May be required to travel to other Tribal facilities
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be able to climb ladder and lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to work outside in hot and cold weather
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Nancy Osborne, HR Director And/or Elizabeth Rideau
1055 9th Ave. 15455 65th Ave South