Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Position Summary: The primary function of the Program Coordinator position is to provide support by overseeing the complex administrative structure of the program, monitoring quality assurance efforts, and promoting program services internally and within the community.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following, and other related duties as assigned.
- Create a warm, welcoming, and professional environment for clients, visitors, and staff.
- Support program efforts to provide high-quality, culturally responsive health services to the Native and local communities.
- Coordinate with internal and external partners in an effort to ensure access to care and that the care provided meets best practice standards.
- Coordinate with Tribal staff and stakeholders to maintain the scope of work highlighted in grants, memoranda of agreement, and program contracts with external partners.
- Develop a strong understanding of administrative, clinical, and personnel policy and procedure in order to monitor for compliance
- Maintain knowledge of accreditation standards, state laws, and federal laws that govern the services provided within the program. Report recommendations for procedural change to program manager.
- Author or delegate the creation of standard operating procedures under the direction of the program manager.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and critical thinking skills that lend themselves to maintaining a solution-focused approach.
- Represent the program at collaborative community meetings and determine the appropriateness of ongoing involvement.
- Promote the program by developing program presentation materials, coordinating opportunities to present program information to Tribal and local communities, and developing and maintaining a calendar of presentations, events, and activities or other upcoming opportunities to conduct presentations. Prepare materials from other HHS programs to include.
- Analyze and report on data at the direction of the program manager.
- Participate in the cross-program coordinator committee to implement annual client and stakeholder survey processes.
- Develop and maintain program materials for use internally and externally.
- Ensure program and staff needs are being met by other Tribal departments including but not limited to facilities, information technology, billing, accounting, and human resources.
- Participate in purchasing in alignment with budget parameters and obtain approval when appropriate. Purchase may include but are not limited to office supplies, food, incentives, promotional materials, cultural supplies, gifts, business cards, etc.
- Maintain client confidentiality and adhere to state and federal guidelines.
- Support new staff through the onboarding process by ensuring their needs are met and by providing training as appropriate.
- Assist the program manager with identifying staff professional development needs.
- Support the program and staff with the tracking, completion, and submission of timesheets.
- Create and maintain program meeting agendas and minutes as directed by the program manager.
- Coordinate and plan for access to meeting space and office space for new staff.
- Fill in as needed for other administrative support staff.
- Honor and represent the mission, vision, and values of Cowlitz Indian Tribe and the Health and Human Services Department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or three years of experience in high-level administrative or professional positions.
- Experience working in Tribal communities preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of office equipment and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Requirements: Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Please mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Cowlitz Tribal Health
15455 65th Ave. South
Tukwila, WA 98188