Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Natural Resource Technician
Title: Natural Resource Technician
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm with some flexible hours/days
Salary Range: $17.00 per hour
Position Summary: The Natural Resources Department is recruiting for a full-time Natural Resources Technician position. This position will support various habitat restoration projects and lands maintenance duties through ancestral lands of the Cowlitz Indian Tribe.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities include the following, and other related duties as assigned.
• Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, chainsaws, and pruning saws.
• Safely operate small and large equipment including trucks and tractors.
• Use and maintain hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, sprayers, weed eaters, and axes.
• Hand pull weeds, mow and spray herbicides (under supervision of licensed applicator).
• Ability to identify Washington State Invasive weeds.
• Conduct prairie habitat development and maintenance activities including mowing, planting, and seeding.
• In-laboratory cleaning and processing seed for prairie restoration.
• Assist in-field installation of game cameras for wildlife study.
• Assist in fish habitat restoration projects and monitor other environmental conditions.
• Ability to accurately record environment data into a database (Microsoft Excel).
• Ability to work independently and safely in remote locations while maintaining a high quality of work.
• Ability to traverse steep rugged terrain.
• Follow directions and details of jobs given.
• Ability to work in inclement weather.
• Must be able to work safely on land and water.
• Ability to communicate professionally.
• Ability to gather and organize supplies and project equipment.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Contributes to a positive team atmosphere.
• Has regular and punctual attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Valid driver license
• Must submit to and pass a drug screen and background check
Requirements: Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
Please mail or fax resume and cover letter to:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632
Fax: (360) 578-1641