Cowlitz Tribal Foundation
Cowlitz Tribal Foundation Statewide Fund Board established in 2019 is expanding and is recruiting up to 5 (five) new board of trustee members.
The Cowlitz Tribal Foundation Statewide Fund is an arm of the Tribe that exists to provide grants for the benefit of the people and communities of Washington State and to demonstrate the commitment of the Cowlitz Tribe and ilani to community involvement and improvement.
Eligibility to Serve:
- Must be age twenty-one (21) or older.
- Must be enrolled in the Cowlitz Indian Tribe.
- Must be in good standing with the Cowlitz Indian Tribe.
Expectations, roles, and responsibilities:
- Attend and actively participate in regularly scheduled board meetings.
- Review material, including requests for funding.
- Complete requested assignments in between board meetings.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional, Conscientious, and Courteous.
- Possess excellent computer software skills, including excel spreadsheet.
- Understand values that are important to our tribe.
- Ability to collaborate with fellow board members.
- Enjoy volunteering.
The Board, as a whole, should ideally have the following skills:
- Experience or knowledge specific to philanthropic activities supported and conducted by the Statewide Fund.
- Connections to and knowledge of the communities served by the Statewide Fund.
- Experience in governance issues and practices
- Accounting or auditing skills
- Marketing, communications, or media experience
- Strategic planning experience
- Legal experience in relevant fields
Submittals will be accepted until the board fills vacancies.