We are pleased to announce the Cowlitz Public Safety Department Tribal Police will be conducting a ‘Entry Level” testing at the end of September (Date to be determined) for police officer positions.
Please distribute the attached letter to any interested personnel and enrolled tribal members. We already have some resumes from tribal members and would like to collect more.
Greetings; This letter is to advise interested personnel of an open opportunity testing examination process for “entry level” police officer positions within the Cowlitz Tribal Police Department of Public Safety. Applicants must meet the minimum standards outlined below and pass all three phases of the initial testing process. These initial phases are outline below as.
- Physical Fitness test (Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission minimum standards OR the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (F.L.E.T.C.) minimum standards. (Test to be determined at later date).
- Law Enforcement written examination (must pass with a 70 percent)
- Background examination (no felonies, full law enforcement background check, fingerprints NCIC III etc.)
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM STANDARDS:
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- High school graduate or GED
- United States Citizen-Tribal member
- Valid Washington State driver license
- Ability to read and write the English language
- Pass written, oral, and background tests
- Pass physical agility tests
- Mental fitness evaluation
- Must pass physical fitness test, written test and background
If applicant passes all phases of the initial testing process, the applicants will be rated and established on a one year hiring list. Once funding is obtained applicants will be contacted to begin the second phase of the entry level hiring process for the position of police officer. Tribal Members, Tribal Descendants/Spouses and Military Preference will apply as defined by Federal, State and Tribal laws.
Testing date to still be determined but we anticipate the initial testing phase to be near the end of September. If you would like to participate in the “entry level” testing process send an e mail and resume to:
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
Duane Garvais Lawrence
Assistant Chief of Police
Cell (360) 831-7802
Cowlitz Public Safety Department
31501 NW 31st Avenue
Ridgefield, WA 98642