MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST - Vancouver, WA
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible variability
Location: Vancouver, WA
Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Opening date: August 30, 2018
Salary Range: $14-$19 hourly DOE
Closing date: Open until filled
Position Summary: Provides reception support to Cowlitz Tribal Health & Human Services at the Vancouver Office under the supervision of the Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health Program Manager.
- Answer multi-line phone, route calls, and/or take messages for all HHS programs.
- Notify HHS when unable to cover front desk and ensure coverage is available.
- Greet clients/patients and notify HHS staff of their arrival.
- Check clients in and out of appointments and assist with rescheduling.
- Gain knowledge of all CIT HHS programs and basic knowledge of tribes in and around Washington, and be able to effectively communicate knowledge to clients and staff.
- Provide program support to all HHS programs located in the office as needed.
- Provide support to Administration and Natural Resources located in the office as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and provide solution-based ideas for problem solving.
- Prepare new client intake packets, file, photocopy, fax, and other clerical duties for all programs.
- Perform vitals checks and document in the medical record prior to appointments with Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
- Assist in the coordination of client care with outside providers.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain and practice confidentiality.
- Maintain overall appearance of front lobby area; to include straightening reading materials, and chairs, as well as updating bulletin board and brochure racks with current information.
- Maintain signage for office to include closures or changes in daily operations.
- Create and print fax covers, memos, releases of information, reports, purchase orders, and other documents when needed for the program and staff.
- Order office supplies, check inventory, and ensure supplies are available as needed for all programs.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Place reminder calls to clients for scheduled appointments.
- Communicate and work closely with providers to ensure scheduling updates and changes are reflected as they arise.
- Maintain schedules and update scheduling templates as needed.
- Document client contact in the Electronic Health Record.
- Determine eligibility for mental health clients.
- Ensure all health paperwork is completed for billing and charting purposes.
- Verify client insurance coverage and personal information at each contact.
- Attend meetings and record and disseminate meeting minutes.
- Patient registration into Electronic Health Record (RPMS) system for all HHS programs.
- Other duties as assigned by HHS Program Managers or Health Director.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two years of reception experience, medical reception required.
- Accurately type 35 words per minute.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with RPMS preferred.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, highly motivated, energetic, and be a self-started.
- Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to the agency Code of Ethics.
- Must possess an active certification as a Medical Assistant or be certified under the endorsement of an ARNP to complete patient vitals.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632