INTAKE SUPPORT SPECIALIST - Vancouver, WA
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Intake Support Services
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Vancouver, WA
Opening Date: July 2, 2018
Classification: Full Time
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
Salary Range: $17.00 to $20.00 DOE
Closing Date: July 16, 2018 or until filled
Position Summary: Supports the Chemical Dependency Program in various clerical duties.
- Prepares new patient files, examines intake forms, verify financial coverage, coordinates referrals, enter data into the TARGET and RPMS systems. Also reconciles TARGET and RPMS.
- Types correspondence for the courts, probation, child protective services and all other program related correspondence.
- Acts as back for reception, answers phone and routes calls. Will answer non-clinical questions regarding the Cowlitz Tribal Treatment program and share basic knowledge of other programs that callers may inquire about.
- Will process new patients entering into services. This includes putting patient information into RPMS and scheduling assessment appointments.
- Assisting counselors to correct billing errors. Ensures that proper coding is in the RPMS system.
- May prepare A-19 reports for billing purposes.
- Keeps record of accounts receivable for private pay patients, monitors aging accounts, follows up with appropriate efforts to ensure steady payment, and reports non-compliance of payment plan to primary counselor.
- Protects patient confidentiality by maintaining Federal Confidentiality Laws (CRF 42,part 2), and Health Insurance Portability Act Law.
- May assist the Cowlitz Tribal Treatment program in updating Administrative, Clinical, and Personnel Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Acts as a support person to patients regarding non-clinical resources and referral (ie: food banks, applying for DSHS, housing, and other community resources.)
- Assists patients in completing applications for publically funded treatment and is knowledgeable about programs in the community that patients could benefit from.
- Performs urine, breath, and other drug screen testing. This would include monitored random urine drug screen collection. Provide counselors with urine drug screen results via a protected electronic data base. Accuracy in performing collection and chain of custody regulation a must.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator, Clinical Supervisor, Program Manager and Health Director.
Additional Skills / Requirements:
- Must possess the ability to be assertive and respectful in working with patients who at times may be difficult. Ability to work with a diverse population and have excellent critical thinking skills.
- Adheres to CFR 42 part 2 and HIPPA. Understands the oath of permanent confidentiality covering all patient-related information.
- Has knowledge of and is culturally sensitive to the problems of patients of the agency.
- Conducts self ethically and professionally at all times
- Understands and adheres to state and federal confidentiality regulations.
- Internal Audit of clerical and clinical notes (Target and Progress notes)
- Merging: Patient visits and Counselor Documentation/Prog.Notes
Minimum Job Qualifications:
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Preferences will be given to persons knowledgeable in Chemical Dependency. Required skills: basic computer skills, typing (45 wpm), ten-key calculator by touch, accuracy in reporting data, and has the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Has no history or evidence of alcohol or other drug misuse for a period of two (2) years immediately prior to the date of employment at the agency.
Must be of the conviction that chemical dependency is a treatable disease and contributes a public health problem, and that abstinence is a goal for recovery from chemical dependency
Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632