COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Recruiter/ Compliance Monitor
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: September 04, 2017
Classification: Full Time
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Salary Range: $15.00 - $17.00
Closing Date: Monday, September 18, 2017
Position Summary: The Child Care and Development Program (CCDP) Recruiter/Compliance Monitor is responsible for recruiting families eligible for the program and ensures the health and safety of tribal children in day care facilities, In-home centers and family homes in accordance with 45 CFR 98.51 of the Child Care and Development Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must posess a friendly, outgoing, positive personality with excellent public relations skills and the ability to build relationships within the community.
- Reads and understands the annual CCDP plan and its requirements and other provisions.
- Conducts center-based and In-Home inspections once every 12 months, documents findings on the Health and Safety Checklist and scans all forms into electronic files.
- Coordinates and implements the Child Care and Development Prpogram by enforcing and maintaining compliance issues regarding health and safety regulations in accordance with state, local and tribal standards.
- Develops close relationships with local schools, day care centers and others to recruit tribal familie enrolled in a federally recognized tribe.
- Refers eligible families to the Intake Support Specialist for enrollment.
- Plans and schedules training for child care providers in areas of nutrition, Fisrt Aid/CPR, Preventing Communicable Diseases and 10 hours yearly of continuing education.
- Refers new providers for fingerprinting and full background checks with Cowlitz Indian Tribe’s Human Resources Department.
- Delivers new provider packets, introduces the program and collects copies of required documents from providers.
- Keeps current on new child care information and trends to support tribal child care.
- Participates in local, state and national child care conferences.
- Must schedule, organize and/or coordinate and attend community events no more than two weekends each month in the summer and one Saturday monthly when events are planned for recruitment or outreach purposes. Weekend days worked will allow you equal flex time during the following work week.
- Other dutiesd as assigned.
- Willingness to connect, share and learn for each other.
CCDP Recruiter/ Compliance Monitor Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills and dedication to completing daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Two years previous recruitment experience.
- Two years experience of Washington State child care and/or early learning rule implementation.
- Ability to work independently, express yourself clearly and effectively communicate to build relationships within the American Indian/Alaska Native community
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel and Publisher.
- Must be puntual and dependable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain vehicle liability insurance.
- Must submit and pass initial and random drug/alcohol screenings.
- Must submit and pass fingerprint and background checks.
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632