COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Administrative Assistant
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: September 1, 2017
Classification: Full time
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm
Salary Range: $14.00 to $15.00 DOE
Closing Date: September 15, 2017
Position Summary: This position is responsible for assisting the Tribal Administration Facilities Manager and other Administrative staff.
Essential Functions: Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of interruptions that may arise during the course of performing the essential functions of the position
- Maintain confidentiality regarding staff, clients, and other confidential information
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel
- Answer multi-line phones, route calls and/or take messages for staff
- Monitors emails and distributes to appropriate staff
- Communicate with staff, clients and co-workers to answer questions, disseminate or explain information
- Perform routine clerical tasks; filing, data entry, copy, scan, fax, order supplies, inventory
- Organize and maintain documentation within the assigned departments, including electronic and paper files
- Take accurate notes and minutes during internal and external meetings. Distribute as necessary.
- Assist with meetings, coordinate and track meeting schedules
- Assist with Safety Committee coordination
- Generate and track Purchase Orders, Mileage and Expense reimbursements
- Generate and track Travel Authorization/Reimbursement
- Assist staff as needed
- Must be punctual and dependable
- Maintain a courteous and professional manner
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds (i.e. cases of copy paper)
- Other duties as delegated
Minimum Job Qualifications:
A high school diploma or equivalent
Must be proficient at Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume and cover letter to:
Nancy Osborne, HR Director
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
1055 9th Ave.
Longview, WA 98632