CLINICAL SUPERVISOR-MENTAL HEALTH
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Clinical Supervisor – Mental Health
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Tukwila, WA
Classification: Permanent/full time
Opening Date: June 20, 2017
Salary Range: $32.00 - $39.00 per hour
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Clinical Supervisors are responsible for the overall delivery of client-centered, client driven and culturally appropriate behavioral health services by a team of Mental Health Professionals (MHP’s) working within the greater Seattle Metropolitan Native Community.
- Plans department work, assigns caseloads, supervises, and coordinates the activities of mental health professionals. Participates in the development of overall goals, objectives and policies of the social service program.
- Establishes and sustains relationships with other agencies, schools, monitors, and service providers.
- Reviews policies and programs and administers such programs, working with Clinic Director and committees. Oversees staff operations and helps to create and monitor annual HHS-Seattle budget.
- Monitors progress and effectiveness of program plans.
- Provides training on procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Identifies emerging needs in team and community. Provides weekly administrative and clinical supervision. Co-facilitates weekly group consultation and clinical staffing. Supports research based activities which combines medical necessities and indigenous healing practices
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Carries a .5 case load and provides direct individual, family and/or group therapy.
- Develops and coordinates a clinical treatment program for the diagnosis, treatment or referral of clients presenting moderate to severe mental health issues.
- Develops a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment plan (ISP) coordinating with other staff and recruiting outside expertise as needed and as approved by the Program Manager.
- Treats disorders utilizing various psychological techniques and therapies with a focus on evidence-based therapeutic modalities together with culturally informed therapeutic modalities.
- Assesses and documents progress and modifies treatment plan accordingly.
- Coordinates with other professional staff to provide information for billing in a timely, compliant and professional way.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested by the Program Manager.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Social Work from an accredited institution together with appropriate training to serve as a Clinical Supervisor.
This position supervises and manages Masters Level clinical staff and clinical interns. Some supervision of Administrative staff as directed by the Program Manager.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Washington State Mental Health Counselor License, Marriage and Family Therapy License or Clinical Social Worker License.
-WA state approved supervisor credential.
A valid Washington State driver’s license and insurance are requirements of the position. Access to a safe and reliable vehicle is required.
Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug test
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug and Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please send cover letter and resume to (click on name for email):
15455 65th Ave. South 1055 9th Ave.
Tukwila, WA 98188 Longview, WA 98632