ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: March 31, 2017
Classification: Part to Full time, as needed
Salary Range: $15.00 to $23.00 DOE
Closing Date: Open until filled
Position Summary: This position will Process original documents and maintain records for The Cowlitz Indian Tribe and will assist to ensure the Accounts Receivable monthly close process is completed timely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process Invoices for payment, maintain accurate receivables due and accruals.
- Input documents in the system, verify accuracy before posting, ensure correct dating and has proper approvals.
- Verify month end statements for accuracy and payments as well as following up on discrepancies.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts in a timely matter resolving any discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate and well organized documents and information including computer and paper files.
- File all back up and documentation relating to grant awards, files, invoices, and payments.
- Meet deadlines for invoicing and month closing.
- Must be willing to cross train in other department areas to function as backup/support
- Other clerical/accounting duties relating to the position as needed
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Working with other departments and non-accounting staff where applicable.
- Employee is expected to perform reasonable work requested that falls within their qualifications but not specifically described herein.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree with an emphasis in Accounting (or class equivalent), preferred.
- Experience may be substituted for education, minimum 1-2 years in accounts receivable, grant/non-profit environment preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Applications. Experience with Abila MIP a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Adhere to Tribal policy and procedures, comply with confidentiality policies and procedures and handle confidential and sensitive information.
- 10 Key by Touch.
- Ability to produce high quality work products and accurate entries.
- Detail oriented, excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to read, write and communicate well in English.
- Ability to develop, maintain rapport and work effectively with team members, both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to meet month-end close deadlines in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to demonstrate predictable, reliable and timely attendance.
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check and drug test
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the
Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national
origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632