COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Job Title: Medical Receptionist
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible variability
Location: Vancouver, WA
Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Opening date: March 23, 2017
Salary Range: $14-$16 hourly DOE
Closing date: March 27, 2017
Position Summary: Provides reception support to Cowlitz Tribal Health & Human Services at the Vancouver Office under the supervision of the Cowlitz Tribal Mental Health Program Manager.
- Answer multi-line phone, rout calls, and/or take messages for all HHS programs.
- Notify HHS when unable to cover front desk and ensure coverage is available.
- Greet clients/patients and notify HHS staff of their arrival.
- Check clients in and out of appointments and assist with rescheduling.
- Gain knowledge of all CIT HHS programs and basic knowledge of tribes in and around Washington, and be able to effectively communicate knowledge to clients and staff.
- Provide program support to all HHS programs located in the office as needed.
- Provide support to Administration and Natural Resources located in the office as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise and provide solution-based ideas for problem solving.
- Prepare new client intake packets, file, photocopy, fax, and other clerical duties for all programs.
- Perform vitals and document in the medical record prior to appointments with Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners.
- Assist in the coordination of client care with outside providers.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain and practice confidentiality.
- Maintain overall appearance of front lobby area; to include straightening reading materials, and chairs, as well as updating bulletin board and brochure racks with current information.
- Maintain signage for office to include closures or changes in daily operations.
- Create and print fax covers, memos, releases of information, reports, purchase orders, and other documents when needed for the program and staff.
- Order office supplies, check inventory, and ensure supplies are available as needed for all programs.
- Maintain office equipment.
- Place reminder calls to clients for scheduled appointments.
- Communicate and work closely with providers to ensure scheduling updates and changes are reflected as they arise.
- Maintain schedules and update scheduling templates as needed.
- Document client contact in the Electronic Health Record.
- Determine eligibility for mental health clients.
- Ensure all health paperwork is completed for billing and charting purposes.
- Verify client insurance coverage and personal information at each contact.
- Attend meetings and record and disseminate meeting minutes.
- Patient registration into Electronic Health Record (RPMS) system for all HHS programs.
- Other duties as assigned by HHS Program Managers or Health Director.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Two years of reception experience, medical reception required.
- Accurately type 35 words per minute.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with RPMS preferred.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, highly motivated, energetic, and be a self-started.
- Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to the agency Code of Ethics.
- Must possess an active certification as a Medical Assistant or be certified under the endorsement of an ARNP to complete patient vitals.
- Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Longview, WA 98632