COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Title: Network Administrator
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Classification: Full time
Opening Date: February 27, 2017
Salary Range: $65k to $80k annually DOE
Closing Date: March 13, 2017 or until filled
Position Summary: We are looking for a Network Administrator to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. Under the direction of the IT Manager, the ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation. This position is responsible for assisting in designing network expansion; organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting tribal network servers and other computer systems. Develops and maintains all server systems, applications, security, and network configurations including LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems, and network segments. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. This person will recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment and will provides technical support and guidance to users.
Essential Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Managing all virtual and local network Servers including DC’s, File Servers, IIS, Database servers, DaaS and other servers.
- Managing, creating and working with Group Policies
- Maintaining Active Directory Hybrid environment with Office 365 and other Cloud Services
- Installing new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Installing, configuring, programming LAN, WAN, VPN, firewalls, switched and routers.
- Develops and maintains network security procedures.
- Adds, removes, and changes authorities for network users.
- Resolves problems reported by end users for local and wide area networks, computers, networking equipment (switches, routers, etc.). Provides answers to complex questions related to these systems.
- Working with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software applications.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Applying Server OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis. Uses administrative tools and utilities. Configures/adds new services as necessary.
- Monitoring and measuring the performance of the network; reports problems to the appropriate individuals.
- Maintaining documentation of the network, telecommunications and telephone systems.
- Establishing and maintaining contact with vendors for support and problem resolution.
- Communicating with and training employees in the use of company applications.
- Perform and maintain network address assignment including assigning routing protocols and routing table configuration.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitoring expenses
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assists other IT employees and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 3 years advanced experience with MS Windows/Server operating systems including the ability to setup and configure new server hardware.
- At least 3 years hands-on experience working with Group Policies
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with Office 365 including Skype for Business and Sharepoint
- Experience with internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection and other Symantec security products
- Familiarity with DaaS, VDI and VMware systems
- Experienced with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- At least 3 years hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge of advanced TCP/IP and interoperability with switches, routers, and firewalls especially Cisco, Adtran and Fortinet.
- Fortinet Fortigate Firewall management or equivalent firewall appliance management experience
- Advanced experience with Dell servers and experience with warranty support.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with WiFi networks
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with VoIP systems
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical co-workers
- Working knowledge of Dell products and experience building and ensuring InfoSec and HIPAA/ARRA privacy and security standards, a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or AA and equivalent experience
- Microsoft Certifications
- A+ or Server+, Network + or equivalent
- Security + or equivalent
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Microsoft
- Hardware/Software Vendor certifications i.e: FortiNet, Cisco, Adtran, Dell, EMC VXRail
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able to travel to remote sites.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. without restrictions
Must submit to and pass criminal background check and drug screen
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Please mail resume to:
Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Longview, WA 98632