COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Medical Receptionist
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Location: Longview, WA
Opening Date: May 9, 2017
Classification: Full time
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm (Wednesday Schedule Varies)
Salary Range: $14.00 per hour
Closing Date: June 1, 2017
Position Summary: This person is responsible for greeting patients/clients, answering phones and directing calls to appropriate staff and using various Health Information Systems to schedule appointments, complete data entry and document phone calls.
- Schedules and checks patients in and out for appointments using the Indian Health Services Clinical Scheduling Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Gather confidential patient information, confirming patient demographics and alternate resource information at each clinic visit.
- Responsible for accurate and timely data entry in the Resource Patient Management System (RPMS) and the RPMS Patient Registration Graphical User Interface (GUI).
- Receives, verifies and updates confidential patient information, such as annual updates and alternate resources into RPMS to ensure validity, completeness, accuracy and confidentiality of client and/or patient health care records.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to clients and patients, including answering and referring callers to appropriate health clinic staff members.
- Respond to questions by phone and in person concerning health clinic services available.
- Processes and answers general questions about the clinic and other Cowlitz Indian Health and Human Services programs.
- Oversee waiting room activities and identify patients who need immediate attention and notify the Triage Nurse or Health Care provider on duty.
- Makes courtesy reminder calls to patients and clients with scheduled appointments.
- Assist with patient registration as needed.
- Works with medical records and patient registration to assist patients as needed.
- Maintains patient information and medical records. Processes incoming and outgoing mail for internal delivery.
- Tidies up front waiting area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Medical Terminology (Preferred)
- Associates Degree (Preferred)
- Two years experience working at the front desk in a medical setting
- Medical Assisting (Preferred)
- Must possess computer skills at an intermediate level.
- Must possess Intermediate skill level utilizing various Microsoft Office products
- Ability to learn and utilize electronic health records
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and courteously with Cowlitz Indian department staff, supervisors and clients, verbally and in writing
- Must possess excellent customer skills.
- Must be respectful and sensitive to the values and culture of the Cowlitz Tribal Community
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Ability to apply common sense and critical thinking skills when carrying out written or oral instructions
- Ability to effectively deal with a variety of interruptions that may arise during the course of performing the essential functions of the position
- Must be caring, empathetic and dependable
- Must be professional at all times
- Must be able to hear conversations over the phone. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have knowledge and adhere to Federal Privacy Act and comply with Federal HIPAA regulations
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume to:
Human Resources Department Cowlitz Indian Tribe
P.O. Box 2547
Longview, WA 98632