INTAKE SUPPORT SPECIALIST
COWLITZ INDIAN TRIBE
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
Title: Intake Support Specialist
Schedule: Monday through Friday (variable)
Location: Tukwila, WA
Opening Date: May 24, 2017
Classification: Full time
Hours: 8 am to 5 pm (and flex)
Salary Range: $16.00 to $20.00 DOE
Closing Date: July 2017 or until filled
This position is responsible for assisting clinical staff in Tukwila office including but not limited to greeting patients and assisting them in entering services with the Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle (Tukwila) program, which includes mental health, chemical dependency and co-occurring disorder services.
1) Greet and direct patients/clients.
2) Answer multi-line phones, route calls, take messages.
3) Schedule patient’s/client’s appointments and place reminder calls for all appointments.
4) Prepare new patient files for chemical dependency clients, mental health clients and co-occurring clients.
5) Prepare and send correspondence to all referring agencies as needed, assists in maintaining relationships w/ key community partners.
6) Conduct orientation with all new patients prior to them being seen by clinical staff. (Orientation includes: Determine and/or obtain funding information and all documentation of funding, secure all Releases of Information forms, review patient rights packet with patient and obtain signatures, schedule assessment appointment, answer all questions patient has and determine if there are any immediate referrals needed prior to patient being assessed and make referrals.)
7) Coordinate patient benefits with billing department. Work closely with staff at Longview to verify patient eligibility, documentation of services and other data to ensure quality assurance.
8) Manage schedule templates for providers in office and coordinate patient care within the available schedule.
9) Complete data entry into TARGET system in a timely and accurate fashion.
10) Assist in coordinating bed placement for patients in inpatient treatment as needed.
11) Responsible for ordering and maintaining inventory of UA supplies.
12) Works with ISS staff and Referral Coordinator to assist clients in securing tribal documentation.
13) Provide back up support for medical receptionist in Mental Health program, including helping to conduct urinalysis screens when needed.
14) Participate in educational activities and attend weekly and monthly staff meetings.
15) Maintain confidentiality of all patient records in compliance with CFR 42 and HIPAA guidelines.
16) Create and manage group rosters & prepare them for chemical dependency & co-occurring groups.
17) Coordinate with Receptionist/Medical Assistant in order to accurately Check in and Check out patients for all chemical dependency appointments.
18) Patient registration in RPMS/PAMS system for both Mental Health and Chemical Dependency programs. Work closely with other ISS staff to accurately maintain MASTER LIST of all program clients.
19) Responsible for collecting fees/payments from all patients required to pay for services and to route the payments appropriately in a timely fashion.
20) Implement and utilize system controls for all TARGET, RPMS, and PAMS data entry prior to billing deadlines. Correct any discrepancies prior to billing being completed.
21) Provide screening for urgent care triage and direct patients to appropriate staff in an efficient manner.
22) Manage scheduling template for RPMS scheduling package.
23) Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or the Program Manager.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
High School diploma or equivalent
One year of reception experience: Or comparable training
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Products
Experience in Behavioral Health field
Experience with TARGET System and/or other electronic health records and billing software programs
Basic Life Support/CPR education within 60 days of hire.
Crisis Prevention and Intervention Certification within 60 days of hire
Must submit and pass a drug screening and background check
Applicants shall conduct themselves ethically and professionally at all times, adhering to Tribal Code of Ethics.
Applicant must submit and pass a drug test and a background check.
A valid Washington State driver’s license and insurance are requirements of the position.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Must submit and pass drug screening and criminal background check
The Cowlitz Indian Tribe is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and a Drug & Alcohol-Free workplace.
Except as provided by Title 25 CFR, Section 472 which allows for Indian preference in hiring, the Cowlitz Indian Tribe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, physical handicap, marital status, politics, or membership or non-membership in an employee organization.
Please mail resume, references and cover letter to:
Cowlitz Tribal Health Seattle
15455 65th Ave South
Tukwila, WA 98188